Introduction | 简介
I have heard in many Hong Kong drama series a saying that goes like: when autumn wind blows, eat waxed meat. Waxed meat is a kind of traditional Chinese food where different kind of meat and sausages are preserved and generically know as waxed meat. In a familiar dish with waxed meat, we have what we call claypot rice. Not too long ago, I did some search online and went looking for a claypot rice stall.
曾经在多部香港连续剧听过:秋风起 食腊味。在我熟悉的腊菜有一种称瓦煲饭。前阵子,我搜索了一下就去寻找一家瓦煲饭。
This is the claypot after the meal is consumed. :-)
这是吃完饭后的瓦煲。:-)
To the food center | 到熟食中心
This is a photograph of the food center I took after I parked across the road.
这是我把车停在对面后拍摄的熟食中心。
When at the food center, remember these rules.
在食物中心时,要切记这些规则。
Before going into the building, I saw a signboard for the claypot rice. Then, I went to this stall to place my order.
没进入前,我看到了一他们的招牌。 然后,我就去这个摊位下点菜。
If you come during lunch time, note that it only opens from 11am to 1pm. Even then, I had to wait for 20 minutes for the claypot rice but good things are worth waiting for, right? I understand for dinner, it’s normal for at least 30 minutes wait.
如果你在午餐时间来,请注意,它只从上午11点开到下午1点。 即使午餐比较少人,我还得等20分钟但好东西是值得等待的,不是吗? 若是晚餐时间,至少等30分钟。
After your order, they will bring these to your table.
点菜后,他们会将这些东西摆在你桌上。
Look around | 到处看看
With 20 minutes to spare, I decided to look around what else are there.
反正有20分钟时间,就到处看看。
Besides many other food and drinks stalls, there are also some art. Look at this murals.
除了其他的食物和饮料摊位,还有一些艺术。 看看这个壁画。
This mural was on the outside wall and I had to use panaroma mode to shoot it.
这壁画在外墙上很长,不得不使用全景模式来拍摄。
Link to Full Image | 连接到全图:
Here comes the food | 上菜了
In addition to the claypot rice, I ordered a pot of watercress soup.
除了瓦煲饭,我还点了一盅西洋菜汤。
Here is the claypot rice. See? It’s still steaming hot.
看到这瓦煲饭还是热乎乎的吗?
After the mission... | 任务完成后。。。
There seem to be a little smart build into the claypot. Looking closer, I see there is a metallic wired attachment to the bottom. Perhaps to help conduct the heat and also to protect the claypot from accidental breakage.
这瓦煲似乎有一个小聪明的结构。从底沿外到顶装了个金属线网。 也许为了助于传热,并保护瓦煲让它不会受意外破损。
Overall, the claypot rice was good. There were sufficient chicken and waxed sausages (2 types). The watercress soup was normal but no complain for that.
总的来说,这地道瓦煲饭米还是好味。 有足够的鸡肉和腊肠(2种)。 西洋菜汤就普普通通。算过得去。
#food #photography #art #singapore #cn
Note: All photos were taken by me using a mobile phone. Minor post
processing to resize images to smaller size.
注:所有照片都是小弟我用手机拍的。照片有用软件处理过-为了缩小图片的档。
Here are my recent post:
这是我最近的帖:
- 📷 SteemitPhotoChallenge round 13: Man and sword as
one - 人剑合一
- 🌷Flowers for a good week ahead - 好花让你好一周(20161016)
- ✈Trip
to Hamburg-Part 4 / 汉堡之旅-4
- 📷Embrace old tree | "抱"容老树
- 🍴 East meet west burger | 叉烧汉堡
- 🎭Poetry Slam Challenge 6: Old Tree - 老树
- 💸Result of "Big Box" contest | "Big Box" 游戏结果
- 📷Shooting
for Soul of the City | 拍摄城市灵魂
- 📷What is in the Big Box? "大盒子"里有啥?
Please see my other posts: @ace108
请看我其他帖: @ace108
If you enjoy this post, please vote and share any feedback you may have.
Thank you for reading.
Have a nice day.
如果你喜欢这帖,请送个“赞”。请分享任何意见。
谢谢观看。
祝你今天愉快。